"Whether it is to pay bills, check account status or transfer funds to another account,
internet banking allows you to do it in a fast and convenient way.
However, we need to be cautious while using this facility due to the risk of attaining your confidential banking information"
Listed below are some important tips for internet banking.
Precautions While Logging in
- Avoid using Internet Banking on shared computers at public places like Cyber Cafés and Libraries.
If you have to log in from such places, make sure you clear the cache and browsing history and delete all the temporary files from the computer.
- Also, never allow the browser to remember your ID and password.
- If, at any time, you need to access Internet Banking from a public place, be sure to change your credentials immediately
after you can access it from a safe location like your personal computer, laptop or other devices.
- Try using the on-screen-keyboard during public access to avoid the threat of key-loggers.
- Always remember to Log out on Internet Banking and close your browser when you have finished your online banking.
Your Account Information Safety
- Change your password at regular intervals and keep your internet banking password confidential.
- Always use a combination of alphabets (both UPPERCASE and lowercase), numbers and symbols to create a strong password. DO NOT use same passwords across different accounts.
- DO NOT note down your passwords in written form to ensure its confidentiality. Your memory is the only place it should be stored.
- Enable multi-factor authentication